Sunday 12 April 2015

Fringe Benefits (or lack of.....)

I love my hairdresser, I really do. He gave me this wonderful haircut 3 weeks ago and I've already had my new fringe trimmed as my hair grows very quickly..
And it's in my eyes again already.
I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't actually have a fringe as it is becoming rather a faff.
And I washed my hair this morning and already my fringe looks like it's been at the gym (without me)
So I need a decent dry shampoo!

So, purely for research purposes I thought I'd review some.
I've tried these in the past months:

Klorane Oat Milk Dry Shampoo
Was quite pricey for the small amount in the tin but worked well. I got a good result from this one. But £9 is a bit steep....

Aussie Dry Shampoo for coloured hair
The top broke on second use and leaked gas in the bathroom so that went in the bin! Didn't mop up much oil either.

Batiste Original Dry Shampoo
Pineapple scented, well it might be ok if you're a teenager but when you're an old hag like me, it was no good smelling like the Body Shop, and it left visible residue!

Batiste Light and Blonde Dry Shampoo
Well at least it wasnt scented like the original. The 'colour' that's included is a bit odd, IT'S YELLOW!, I'm not sure how it's supposed to work, apparently you can use it to hide your roots?
I'll try that next week when they will really be showing, (as my hair grows so fast) and I'll report back.....

VO5 Refresh Me Quick Dry Shampoo
Pink container was pretty, but didn't work at all, not a drop of oil was mopped.

Tresseme Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo
Was quite good! Smelled nice! But it didn't last, my fringe, by lunchtime, was attractively clumped together. Grr.

So I'm back to washing just the top of my hair! If that makes me a 'minger' so be it!
I might try talc this week......


No comments:

Post a Comment